Friday, December 11, 2009

One more down, one more to go!

By sketchedout.files.wordpress.com

I have now finished 3 out of my 4 final exams. Yesterday, it was the most-hated chemistry class. You know, the one I whined excessively about because the online program couldn't even do basic math and always told you your answer was wrong when it wasn't?

I didn't have high hopes going into the test, but spent 2 1/2 days stuffing facts into my rapidly shrinking head. We were allowed a periodic table and one 4x6 inch note card in the test.



Now, the professor didn't say we had to handwrite the note card, so I crammed as many formulas and definitions as I could onto it by typing them up and using a reeeeallly small font and printing it out on both sides of the card.

The card is a lot clearer than in this picture!

My test proctor at the college laughed when she saw the card, but agreed that I was allowed to have it! Can I fill up a note card or what?!?

I spent so much time trying to remember the rules for naming hydrocarbons like...um... 4-ethyl-2,5,6-trimethyloctane, and then they never asked about it! Not that I'm complaining, but... sheesh! I got 85% correct on the test and if the stars align, the professor takes pity on me, or whatever, I might just pull an A out of this disastrous course.

So now I am dusting the chemistry out of my overworked brain cells and preparing for the mother-of-all-exams, Anatomy & Physiology II. Twelve chapters, 100 questions, and 110 minutes to do it in. I am holding an A in the class right now, so the pressure is on NOT TO SCREW IT UP! I have until Monday morning to cram all of this information:



into a head the size of a cantaloupe and still leave room for the neurons that keep me breathing.

The good news is that my doctor put me on some prescription weight-loss drugs to help me lose weight and control my blood sugar. Not only have I lost 7 pounds in the last week, but I'm getting by on about 4 or 5 hours of sleep a night. Sheer panic and good pharmaceuticals will do that for you!

After Monday, I plan on doing this:

Found on unsong.files.wordpress.com

then forgetting everything I have learned and taking a nap! Wish me luck and keep me in your thoughts that I survive until Tuesday!

3 comments:

Single Girl said...

Yay mommy! I'm so proud of all your hard work. Now you pray for me because I'm not done either! I love you!

Lisa said...

Consider yourself prayed for, Liz. Both for finishing school and driving your car up those snowy hills!

MarmiteToasty said...

I think you could go on to be a brain surgeon :) well, until alzheimers sets in....

x