Thursday, March 14, 2013

And yet another bed-turned-bench

With garage sale season just around the corner, I'm trying to work on projects that use what I've already stashed in the house.  And garage.  And shop.

This was actually the first bed I bought with the idea of making a bench.


Sometimes it just takes me a while to execute the plan. I have to circle it, stalk it, and finally attack when it's sleeping.  Oops, sorry! That was chocolate!  But the principle is the same.  Only, I have more "will-power" when it comes to furniture.


I took my own advice from my previous experience, and painted the bench seat before assembling the bench.  This is just a dry-fit in order to measure random parts to create bench arms.  I also sprayed glossy white paint into the routed design, with plans to paint the rest a soft Oops green.


After digging through the scrap pile, I found some crib rails that were the right height for bench arms.  In order to place the turned cross piece at the bottom, I had turned the footboard upside down, which left the thingies the wheels or feet went into showing on top.
  

But, I had cut off pieces to match the footboard to the seat height, so I used dowels and glue to add "finials" and cover the metal thingies (What are those called, anyway?)


Next up, rolling on paint.  And painting... All. Those. Spindles. 


A long difficult quick reassembly and I delivered the bench to the shop and set it on the sidewalk with a cute green toile pillow, to catch some rays!


Another project down and more stash actually used.  See, kids, you don't have to call the Hoarder's show yet!

Linking up with: Transformation Thursday
My Repurposed Life

I was featured!  Photobucket

11 comments:

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Love your beautiful new bench and the color you chose. I have to circle, stalk, and attack also:-) Great job.

Old Red Barn said...

This bench is so beautiful! It would be awesome if you would join my first link party, for all bloggers who share a cottage and country style. Join me at the Crafty Country Cottage Party! Hope to see you soon!

Goedele

said...

I just love this idea. I have a bed frame just waiting to do this myself, but I haven't the courage (yet) to cut that footboard in half.

Found your blog through a post on My Repurposed Life blog. I am a fellow Tennessean in west TN!


Marilyn C.

My Repurposed Life said...

great bench! I LOVE me some headboard benches! I would love it if your pictures were larger...I'm catching you, had to enlarge the picture, and it's a little fuzzy.
thanks for linking up to catch as catch can
gail

Sara Whalen said...

I enjoy making benches too! It is so easy to come by cribs and beds and they all have their unique personalities. Love how you did this one!

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

Good for you getting it done, Lisa. What a great bench! Thanks for stopping over at Quirky Vistas. As to your question, no, it is not a sickness to be jealous of my scores. It's a sickness for me to be encouraged by your jealousy. Ha!

Keep on junkin'!
Liz

Oh, by the way, you have your email settings on no reply. Didn't know if you knew that or not.

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

That is the cutest! I have wanted to do that but lacked the follow through because I had fear of poor results. I actually gave the parts for such a thing to my friend's son hoping he'd do it. I think he let it sit. I should have shipped it all to you! Clearly you have what it takes to get the job done. I love it. Hope it sells asap! Thanks for stopping and leaving me your thoughts on my hoarder's vindication! Glad to be in good company!
Liz

Anonymous said...

This post is really nice and informative. The explanation given is really useful.

thanida said...

Thanks for the Guide.It really works,following your guide it shows
i99bet

dokdok said...

เลเซอร์หน้าใส เป็นอีกหนึ่งของใหม่ทางความสวยที่ช่วยฟื้นฟูผิวหนังที่แห้งกระด้าง บริเวณใบหน้าหมองคล้ำให้กลับมาแจ่มใสมองกระปรี้กระเปร่า สดใสภายในช่วงเวลาอันเร็ว นับว่าเป็นทางลัดความงดงามที่กำลังเป็นที่นิยมสูง ช่วยเลี้ยงดูผิวให้ขาวกระจ่างขาวสวยใส จากการลดลางเลือนริ้วรอยจุดด่างดำได้อย่างมีคุณภาพ

เลเซอร์หน้าใส
เลเซอร์ลดริ้วรอย
เลเซอร์รอยสิว

คนสวย2019 said...

ฟิลเลอร์มีคุณลักษณะ



เช่นไร





?
คุณลักษณะ



ของฟิลเลอร์ ช่วยสำหรับการ







เก็บกัก



น้ำของชั้นผิวที่ได้รับการปรับปรุง









หน้าตอบ ร่องปน



ลึก ฟิลเลอร์จะช่วยเติมเต็มช่องว่างให้กับเซลล์ผิวหนัง หรือเพิ่มความจุ





ให้กับผิว เปรียบเทียบ





ได้กับการต่อว่า





ดสปริงให้กับผิว ให้ผิวยืดหยุ่น เต่งตึงกระชับชั้นผิวเรียบเท่ากัน



ลดริ้วรอยเหี่ยวเฉา





หย่นย่อ





ทำให้บริเวณใบหน้า



มอง



เด็กลงอย่างเห็นได้ชัด





รวมถึง



การปรับรูปหน้า เติมเต็มรูปหน้าให้ได้ส่วน





ได้รูปเพิ่มขึ้น



แล้วก็







จะเสื่อมสภาพ





ไปได้อย่างธรรมชาติ สำหรับหมอ



ผู้ชำนาญ







จะสามารถนำฟิลเลอร์ มาเติมเต็มได้ทุกส่วนของผิวฉีดฟิลเลอร์
ฉีดฟิลเลอร์ใต้ตา