* Why do the first chocolate chip cookies out of the oven magically weld themselves to the serving plate? Is there a cosmic conspiracy in place so that when you are desperate for one of the last cookies at 1:30 AM, you have to chisel it off with butter knife, shooting it across the kitchen onto the dog-hair encrusted floor, and then have to race said hairy dogs to retrieve the cookie before they devour it? Nick and Sassy do not appreciate the 5 second rule of cookie ownership.
* Why does Nick have to stick his head in shrubs and grasses full of burrs, E.V.E.R.Y. single time you let him out to play, thereby allowing you the privilege of repeatedly picking the burrs out of his ears and neck and chin and feet and...?
Sassy and Nick patiently waiting for fresh peas from the garden.
* Why is it so d*mn hot and muggy here in the summer?? I'm telling you, it's bad when you break a sweat in your shorty pajamas while letting the dogs out in the middle of the night to tend to their business. I have sweat beads under my eyes! And my Lady Lumps! And working in the yard results in crotch-pot cookin', y'all! Alright, TMI, I know.
* I like tomatoes. There, I said it. Call me a freak, but I've already copped to this in my previous post, so really, you can wipe the shocked look off of your faces!
Thai Pink Egg tomatoes in the morning dew. See? Even they are sweating!
And lucky for me, I've got tomatoes, coming out my ears and garden, and they don't have salmonella so I can eat them all if I want! Stud Muffin would rather lick the kitchen floor than eat one, so they are all mine!
Orange Banana Tomatoes, and yes, I know that one has a run in it!
* I planted too many spaghetti squash plants! I started everything from seed this year, and with my skill, never expected much of it to survive. Now I am paying the price with an
And I've already
My 16 quart canning pot from the previous picture. For perspective, you know.
* And speaking of my new pressure canning pot, how can a company send out a potentially explosive device with an instruction manual that is missing pages and repeats pages 26-51 THREE times?? I am waiting for a replacement manual, but that hasn't kept me from using the pot and making the whole house smell like thousand year-old boiled cabbage that has been stored in a gym locker. Yummmm!
* This is for Marmy, who has developed an unhealthy attraction to my dishes and is at this moment probably planning an intercontinental search and liberate campaign to abscond with them back to England. Figured I'd might as well show her where they are kept.
Ignore the redneck liquor on the upper shelf... or not!
* Oh! And why
Girls at Christmas. I wonder if I'll recognize them now!!
So I am off to visit the girls, and will be back next week with pictures I take designed especially to embarrass them in their place of work. Have fun, stay cool, and don't do anything I wouldn't do!