Monday, July 16, 2012

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming

Sorry for the recent blogging delay.  Liz had her girlfriend (and former roommate) Tiffany come out from Vegas for a visit and things got sidetracked.  Okay, not really their fault, but I'm going with it.  Actually, I kinda hit the wall for a bit.  First it was the oppressive heat.


Then the never-ending rain.



And then there is the matter of my need for clean underpants. 

So, Tiffany came for a visit and flew in through Nashville, since Southwest Airlines can't won't refuses to fly into Memphis.  Courtney, who also shared the apartment with Liz and Tiffany,  drove down a couple of days earlier to see Liz's new apartment.  She brought Liz's cat the evil one to my house on Friday and Liz crawled in after working til 11 PM.  The next morning, the girls drove another 2 1/2 hours to Nashville to collect Tiff and return to the farm to eat BBQ and crash.

I was summoned by the cat in the morning to come upstairs and visit.  She does that.  The cat, I mean.  She sends me text messages indicating that I need to pay homage and admire her beautious-ness.  When I arrived, I tried to sneak a few pictures of Liz and Tiff.  It was not well received.  In fact, there were threats of bodily harm if I posted the pictures.  So I will crop them and only show you parts of the scene.  Like this:





Nobody appreciates my efforts to be a stalker, but I think I'll get to keep my kneecaps! Courtney had to leave early to make it back to Saint Louis in time for a Cardinal's game, but Liz, Tiff and I went to Besso's for lunch.   Here's a better picture of the two of them at the restaurant:


When we arrived at Besso's, there was a sign on the door saying that they were closing the doors on this location effective THAT night!  WTF!!  Criminal!  Where am I going to get my chocolate cheesecake fix??


And do you know what restaurant is opening up soon in the former Besso's space??  A country place called Greens, Beans and Taters.  No shit!!  Could my life get any more redneck?? (Don't answer that!)

Anyway, I have been working on a few things in my furniture workshop garage that I sent home with Liz. She flaked on the photos and blamed Tiff for it, so I had to drive out and take some myself.  (You just can't find good help these days!)

The black typing table magically turned yellow.


We thought she might put her printer on it but it made that side of the room too cluttered.  It doesn't have a permanent home yet, but I'm sure it will soon.


I made a cover for the basic desk chair and now it isn't scratchy anymore.


I really like the fabric Liz chose!


Remember the frugly throw pillows that came with the sofa?


 I could. not. stand. them.  So, I made new covers.


Hi, Tiffany!!  Lookin' good on the sofa!


I found a folding table at Chez Goodwill for $2.99.  I know!  I'm a big spender and nothing is too cheap good for my little girl.


I tried something I saw on Pinterest about adding Plaster of Paris to paint to avoid having to prime.  I thinned some Oops paint and mixed in the PoP and a bit of white paint.  And it worked!  I also tried my hand at stenciling with the undiluted Oops paint.  Kinda liking it!


I think Liz will use in next to a reading chair in her bedroom, but she hasn't found the right one yet, so the table would look pretty silly standing by itself.  She made it feel better by putting it in the closet, where I am sure it is trying on all of her shoes!

While at Chez Goodwill, I also found a lamp base that needed a little help.  Of course, I forgot to take a "before" picture, but here's the after.


The base originally had a funky yellow cast to it.


I found another lamp base just the other day, so here is it's "before," wearing a pearly apricot color.  I'm still working on this one.


And now for something almost completely different, I painted a mirror with chalkboard paint and got rid of the gold paint on the frame. 


I sent it to my friend, Awesome Ann, as a wedding present. 


So there you have it.  Oppressive heat, endless rain, visitors and apartment projects.  Oh!  And clean underpants!  Can't (and shouldn't) forget those!

Edit:  I'm told that an evil cat is on her way over to cut off my fingers for posting the stalker pictures!  Hide me!

No comments: