Friday, October 16, 2009

I'm mmmoldingggg....

Okay, now say that like the Wicked Witch in the Wizard of Oz, and you'll get a sense of what I'm feeling!

The rain just won't stop! In the 16 days since the start of October, it has rained 13 of them. Really! And when the rain comes like that, the mold spores have a party, get drunk and wake up with a hangover all over my stuff!

Like the back gate.

Windy, blurry picture day!

All of the porch railings, etc are white. Well, they should be white. But now??



It's time to get out the pump sprayer and some bleach water!

The ground is completely soaked, squishing whenever you step outside. Oh, I know that it is not as bad as the people who are getting flooded out of their homes, and for that, I am thankful! But when I put down the plastic to solarize the vegetable beds, I was counting on a bit of solar, you know? Now all I have is mossy pools on top of the plastic. A swimming pool for mosquitos, if you will!



The water has also cut some ditches in the rock surrounding the vegetable beds. I had the misfortune of stepping in one a while back and falling down hard. Felt like Ramona Quimby with her scraped knees!



And all that pretty mulch I worked so hard to put down in the front flower beds... gone, gone, gone!



There is some good out of all this rain. I'm getting some pretty cool moss growing in the flower beds!



Pay no attention to the weeds and the missing mulch! It's just an optical illusion!

I'm also getting some neat leaf prints on the driveway.



A final note: Stud Muffin thought it would be fun to show you how (terribly) I look when I study at night! Surrounded by my computer (usually two) books and papers, all while trying to participate in family life in front of the television. It's sad, really.




Oh, and it's raining again. *Sigh*

4 comments:

Celticspirit said...

Yuck! I hope your rain stops soon. You must be getting it worse than we are...I have not seen any mold, just lots of mushrooms. Are all your flowerbeds ruined now?

Cheryl said...

You really should stop cultivating mold...Your fruits and vegetables are so much better!

MYS

MarmiteToasty said...

We have had an indian summer here this Autumn, and its only this week that its turned nippy with some rainy days, but today is clear and crispy and bright and sunny.....

Good job you have that HUGE glass of gin to help you through your school work LOL

x

MarmiteToasty said...

oh ps....... its MOULD not mold LOL.... shaking me head, how on earth will you learn to spell those hard medical words if ya cant even get MOULD correct ;)

x