Friday, October 5, 2012

Oops! I did it again!

Today, I was minding my own business, heading off to do a merchandising job in a pharmacy near the hospital.  Okay, I DID allow myself to stop at my favorite Goodwill, since it had just opened for the day. Always the best time to go!


After scoring a metal card catalog drawer thingie, a silverplate candelabra, some china pieces and assorted wood items, I continued towards the pharmacy.  I'm early, so I stop at the other GW in town.  Got a single basket.


Still minding my own business and heading towards the job site, my car automatically pulls into the third thrift store between me and the job. There is something seriously wrong with the steering in this car!  Maybe it's possessed! (Yeah, that's it!  I'm sticking with that story!)

But wait!  What's in the corner of the store?  Side tables!  Heavy, solid oak tables?  Got them for $35 total!


So the question is, how much stuff can you fit into a Prius?  Well, if you are me, the answer is...quite a bit!  Fold the backseats down, pile all your work boxes into the front seat, and balance what you've already scored on top of it all.  Then drive v.e.r.y carefully!

Back in the car and I am now 2 blocks from the pharmacy, when a garage sale popped up on the very street my job is on!  I sailed on past, and then my car made a U-turn and parked right in front of the sale!  Can you believe that?  I was inches from my destination!  But I can say that I did not buy anything at the yard sale, I did go my job and I got it done.

Heading towards home, when what do my wondering eyes did appear, but an ESTATE sale! Crud and crap!  Gotta stop.  Some picture frames, a vintage aqua tablecloth and wire basket stuffed themselves into the car with me.  (I had nothing to do with it!)




Almost to the turn off for home, when the dang car turned in at a yard sale I saw early in the morning as I headed out.  I was so good this morning and didn't stop!  But the car has a mind of it's own, I tell you.  Somehow, I was able to fit 2 Ball canning jars with zinc lids, 3 antique potato mashers,  and a corn cutter into the car with just enough space left for myself. 


Whew!  Made it safely home, but I gotta have the car looked at.  It really does the weirdest things when I'm minding my own business!


2 comments:

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Too funny. Greats finds. Loved you post. (OK, loved the finds a lot too).
Joy

tibby said...

Hahaha!
Jealous is what I am!
There's no Goodwill in Spain and any similar thing has ridiculous prices, more expensive than when they were bought.
Enjoy minding your business very often
XOXO,
CRIS