Since Stud Muffin gave me his cold, he bought me this cool hat to wear with it!
Photo by josephlull.com
Yes, yes. I am a syphilitic, dripping, choking bag of monkey poo, but I couldn't let this beautiful Sunday go by without doing something productive.
So, I started seeds in my makeshift greenhouse. Red cabbage and broccoli, to be exact. And I am nothing if not exact about thingies and whatnots.
First, I had to retrieve the shelving parts from the shop and reassemble them. Then soak the little peat pot whatchamagigies in warm water.
I am also starting some Compost Tea (not compost pee, like Studly says) from a kit I bought years ago and never got around to using. Using the aquarium pump that was included, I am aerating the water to remove chlorine. After that, I will dump in the compost inoculant and aerate for another 3 days. I'm going to use this diluted tea to feed my little seedlings, instead of the more expensive worm-poo I used last year.
I have only planted a few cabbage seeds and broccoli seeds. I am going to spread out the plantings by about a week or so. Last year, my seedlings were beautiful and strong, but I got them in the ground too late to form heads before it got too hot. Going to try and do better this year. Here are the little seeds in their plastic covered house sitting on a warming tray.
And now under an old t-shirt. Seeds like to germinate in the dark!
In other news, Sara, the Barefoot Gardener has given me this award!
I am supposed to list five addictions, and then pass the award on to some other bloggers. So,
1. Right now, I am addicted to Kleenex with lotion. The whole box comes with me as I move from room to room.
2. I used to be addicted to Diet Coke (which is how I met Celtic Spirit then we joined a support group,) but I have gotten over that and haven't had one for about 3 weeks now.
3. I am seriously addicted to chocolate, but then, what normal woman isn't?
4. I am addicted to my farm and can't imagine myself living anywhere else happily.
5. I am hopelessly addicted to sunny days with a cool breeze blowing!
Now to tag some others. I have been reading some new-to-me blogs, so will pass this along to
Ang at Eclectic Culture Farm
Kathie at Two Frog Home
Rhonda Jean at Down To Earth
Nic at Deliberate Life
Now get to it, girls! I need to know about other's addictions. I'm sure it will make me feel better about wearing THAT hat!