Sunday, March 1, 2009

In like a lion...

I tried to post this last night, but the pictures wouldn't upload. And a post without pictures... is only words!



Doesn't the lion know he lives in a hot and steamy jungle?? It's March 1st people!!

It started snowing last evening and didn't stop until the sun came up again.

We lost power on and off all night. Every time the power came back on, all the overhead lights in the ceiling fans came on throughout the house. This woke the dogs and me up and we made the rounds to turn everything off again.





The snow blew all night too. It stuck to the walls, and blew in my face as I tried to get the dogs to "do their thing."



Since I was up playing with the light switches anyway, I thought I would log on, but no internet. Our satellite dish was buried in snow too! In the morning, I stomped out to it, wearing mud boots and Studly's thick bathrobe, to uncovering.



The dogs thought it was pretty neat stuff. A bit deep for Sassy's taste, and no matter what she did, there was no way to walk without putting her feet into the stuff!





We played a bit, me throwing the toy, it landing with a "Whoomp" and disappearing under the snow. The dogs would jump on it and dance around a bit, but couldn't locate that dang toy. So, I had to stomp out into the snow to find it, throw it, and start all over again. I got tired of the game rather soon!



Since Blogger wouldn't let me post pictures last night (or this morning), I took another look around. Do you see anything wrong with this scenario?



How about now?



Would you all say a little prayer for my shrubs which will be crushed by this tidal wave of snow curling off of the roof?

I hope March leaves like a lamb, or I'm going to feel totally cheated!

6 comments:

barefoot gardener said...

Hey, girl. If I gotta deal with the white stuff, you do too. K?

I gotta say, that pic of the snow curl is pretty crazy. I don't see stuff like that very often....

Celticspirit said...

Better you than me with all that snow! One snowstorm per winter is quite enough.

That overhang of snow reminds me of when I lived in MA and I cleaned off my car after a snowstorm but did not clean off the top. There was a good 4 inches on top and as I was driving....it slowly slid down to cover my windshield as I was going down a hill and stopping at the stop sign. :(

Lisa said...

Yes, but Sara! I live in Tennessee!! That's in the south, you know. Not that frozen north where you call home!

Barb~ The curl is pretty cool! We only get a little snow every year, but with global warming, blah, blah, blah, it must be getting worse!

Anonymous said...

How many inches total? It looks like about 6-8" in the pictures...Complain to me when it exceeds 14-16"...

MYS

P.S. You can't get mad at me b/c I bought your BIRTHDAY present today...

Lisa said...

Nah, I'm not mad, Little Sis. I am, however, stuffing envelopes with snow to send to you!

MarmiteToasty said...

Wow you still having snow :)...... tiz a glorious day here, all me daffs are up and the blossom on many of me little shrubs are out....

on saying that our fickle famous british weather means today is nice but during the week we had torrential rain and high winds then fog and more rain then bright sunshine and did I say rain?

x