Monday, November 30, 2009

Dear Blogosphere,

I wouldn't blame you if you never spoke to me again. I wish I could be a better correspondent these days, but... alas! I wish I had pithy things to tell you and could entertain you with all the silly antics that make up my life these days, but they too have escaped.

The moments of my day have been reduced to waking up at 4 AMish with a panicky feeling that I will never finish all of my school work. Only two more weeks and still a ton of homework, tests, and experiments to do.

I feed the dogs and try to get some work done. Then one of two things happens. I get too sleepy and have to go back to bed again, or I just keep studying. Or both.

Image by web.mit.edu


The laundry is never done, the dust bunnies have formed a union and are claiming I never pay them any attention. The dogs need baths and the husband need acknowledgment and a good home-cooked meal.

Occasionally, I join Stud Muffin for a trip out to the grocery, especially if we run out of bread (we've been eating a lot of cold sandwiches here) or milk. A hot lunch out may be involved. Then it is home for more studying.

On Thanksgiving, I cooked our dinner while learning more than I ever wanted to about urine formation. The turkey cooked faster than I expected and it almost ended up like the turkey from "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation."

This is NOT my turkey! Image by farm1.static.flickr.com

I fully expected it to pop open and form a dust-dry cavern when I cut into the bird. But all was okay. Except that I had to study about urine formation.

Yesterday, one of the dogs from up the street came strolling down our drive. It happens regularly, maybe one dog, maybe three. But yesterday, Dixie just stood around outside of the house. She wandered back and forth, stopping, then going a bit further. Drove my dogs nuts! Finally, Dixie honed in on my raised vegetable beds. She peered in and around, sniffed, and finally climbed into one of the beds and pulled out an entire deer leg! From MY vegetable bed!

Who stashed a deer leg (with meat) in my vegetable bed?? Is there a three-legged deer hopping through the forest looking for it?? I suspect Dixie stashed it herself, not wanting to share with the others, because I have found random animal parts in the beds before. Well, she dragged this thing out of the bed and trotted off down the drive with it. My beds will never be the same. Guess I am glad I didn't go out there to inspect the garlic that has already started sprouting!

And that, dear blogosphere, is the extent of my existence. Urinalysis and a dry turkey, and a dead animal leg coming from my garden.

I wouldn't blame you for breaking up with me. But if you did, you would never get to hear about all the terrible things I will be doing to the mannequin patients in nursing school. Which starts is a little over a month!

I will NOT be breaking up with you, however, since reading other's blogs lets me know that there is life after school!

2 comments:

MarmiteToasty said...

I'll never break up with you, Im in for the long haul LOL I to have been a correspondence slagbag of late and I know I owe you a few emails..... please forgive me....

Are you sure it was a deer leg and not part of your neighbour, murdered and buried by Stud muffin?

work hard girl only 2 more weeks to go.... it will be worth it in the end me thinks LOL

x

Cheryl said...

I will stay in contact with you because I am your MYS...Plus you send presents :-)