Saturday, November 21, 2009

I'm sorry...

Found at samtoman.files.wordpress.com


I am such a bad blogger. But my excuse is that I am sooooo boring these days! All I do these days is schoolwork, and wreck lawn equipment, and ignore my husband, so there isn't really anything to blog about!

And since none of you have offered to help me with Chemistry or Anatomy, I'm sure you don't want to hear how much it all sucks and that I CAN'T wait for the semester to be over with!!

I will tell you this. Almost Grown has decided that she wants to go to nursing school too. She has been in contact with her local community college and it boils down to the following: She has a four year degree from a prestigious private (read: still paying off the loans) university, but the community college won't give her credit for the two math classes, including statistics, that she took during college.

By www.portfolioweekly,com

They insist that she not only take Fundamentals of Math for College Dummies, but first, the prerequisite to that class. Until she does, she can't register for any beginning biology classes. And she needs four bio classes before she can even think about applying to the nursing school. As it stands now, it will take her 6 semesters to get all the prereqs done (only one can be taken at a time, in order!) before she can apply. Unless she moves to a different town with a better community college, I'm afraid she will qualify for Social Security before she's qualified for the nursing program!

We got the lawn mower back after trailering it to the engine repair place to have them clean out the carburetor. Works like a champ now, and they even found a broken choke cable, so it is even better than new. Just in time to sit in the shop all winter!

Meals have sunk to a new low, mainly consisting of frozen pizza and canned peaches. I have barely started any Christmas crafts, so my children are likely to get a sack with a half finished gift in it. If I didn't shoot you out of my body like an over-sized pot roast, don't hold your breath on getting a gift from me this year! I mean, really! Did you help me with Chemistry??? Did ya?

But I did get my physical done for my nursing school paperwork. Apparently, I will live to see another day... as a pincushion. I had blood work done, got a tetanus shot, a Hepatitis B shot, a H1N1 shot, and a TB test. When I was asked if I have any mental issues or concerns, I said, "I want to die asleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car." That shut them up! Thanks Cindy for the line!

See? This is why there have been no new posts up here.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Eeeew, eeew, eeew on the needles.

If it makes you feel any better I need $2K of dental work (due to faulty previous dental work not poor hygiene you however you spell it) and will be on my first valium a week from Monday...

I suspect the valium is more for the Drs sake than mine...

MYS

Thomas said...

Oh my gosh! Look at that face. I want a dog so badly.

Also, I LOVE your the Theme at the top of your blog. Very cute and whimsical. I need to work on mine.

barefoot gardener said...

LOL! I am so stealing that line. I can just imagine my new shrink (when I get around to finding one) reacting to that..... ah, there are so few things that really entertain me these days.

I think there is a lot of "boring" going around. I can't seem to find one single interesting thing going on in my life. It is just pitiful.

Anonymous said...

Wow, mama! Throwing around some hardcore hater-ade. Social Security... I'm not that old yet. Next year, however...

Almost Grown

Lisa said...

Almost Grown ~ If I was throwing around some hater-ade, it was directed towards your lame-a$$ community college, not you! It was only a commentary on how long it will take a college graduate to get to and through their program.