I am very worried about the direction our country and economy are going right now. And something has to change, on a personal level, if we are going to survive this and come out with our lives intact!
Effective immediately, the following changes will be in force at the Colors Outside the Lines house:
1) In order to save batteries for when the power fails completely, all smoke detectors will be replaced.
Photo source unknown.
These will be changed out as necessary to ensure safety and whenever we need a snack!
2) Gasoline will be conserved by reducing the use of gas-powered tools. Lawns will be mowed "the old-fashioned" way.
Photo at www.bradrand.com
Studly prefers this model, though.
Photo at www.hotrodscustomstuff.com
3) As clothes no longer fit or something different is needed, refashioning of what is already on hand will be the order of the day.
Underwear tank top. Photo at www.ebaumsworld.com
Photo at www.oddpic.com
4) Vacations out-of-town will no longer occur. Instead we will have the neighbors in to swim in the pool and have a large cookout.
Photo at http://members.lycos.nl
Photo at http://jokes.justsickshit.com
5) When important electronic devices fail or become obsolete, we will resort to a low tech alternative.
Palm Pilot. Photo at www.lilligren.com
6) We will not forget our pet friends, and will insure their safety whenever travelling is necessary.
Photo at www.joe-ks.com
7) Most importantly, we will be aware of opportunities as they arise, not be asleep at the wheel, make hay while the sun shines, and all the cr*p!
Photo at http://media.ebaumsworld.com/
In all seriousness, I am extremely concerned about the current state of affairs. Based on reports I have read, we shouldn't expect our government to come to our aid if the need arises due to weather, economic collapse, or other disaster. The FEMA response to Gustav hasn't been much better than for Katrina and supply lines are still clogged and sporadic. I think we should all be doing whatever we can to prepare ourselves for the future... whatever it holds!
End of diatribe!