Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Could we BE any more redneck???

Friggin' birds!! I know it's raining and they just want to build a nest where it is dry, but seriously!!

No sooner than I got them out of the front door area, then chased them out of the lights on the back porch, then they came back to the front porch and started building in the light there!



This is Studly making things hot on the front porch this morning until we can get it all cleaned and covered.



Their aim isn's so good!



This is my bird-proofing in the back. Seems to be working.




With over a week of solid rain, the grass is so long, you could lose a car or two in there. Just add me a broken down washing machine to the front lawn, my beer can wind chimes, and I think my transf tranifor change into a real redneck is complete!

6 comments:

Celticspirit said...

You just may start a new fashion statement for your house! Another idea you can try is to string up a bunch of budweiser cans around the areas the birds try to nest and when the wind blows it will rattle and scare them off. ;)

Lisa said...

Marmy ~ No banjo, altho I always wanted one. I do have a ukulele and some Billy-Bob teeth. Be waitin' on the porch for y'all to stop by!!

Barb ~ I thought of the beer cans, but it would probably just drive the dogs nuts! The birds couldn't care less about the Cds flashing in the wind!

Single Girl said...

That is very unflattering. However, it appears that it will accomplish what it needs to, so I will forgive you for being so tacky.

Lisa said...

Is this my daughter???

Anonymous said...

I say let the birds have their babies...just minimize the mess/damage. You would not want a world without birds...

My 3+ year bird nest came down in a storm...The are so sad and so confused...

MYS

MarmiteToasty said...

Happy mothers day dear you.....

x