Monday, May 9, 2011

How does your garden grow?

Time for a little garden update.



Salad greens under the shade cloth (in the back bed), peas, broccoli and tomatoes in the front bed. Which desperately needs weeding.



Cabbages, cabbages, cabbages!



Bell peppers and herbs. This is another bed of tomatoes, but about half drown in the storms, so I didn't take a picture! They are too pathetic to post.



I'm going to get my first crop of grapes this year!! I'm so excited! I have no idea when these will be ripen since they are only about the size of a pin head.



The strawberries are petering out. I lost a lot of them to mold from all the rain we had, but I still get enough each day to eat for breakfast.



There will be pears this year,



and apples, if the squirrels don't steal them all like last year.



Here's a fuzzy picture of a fuzzy peach!

Basically, the vegetable garden and orchard are taking care of themselves (hence the need for the weeding!) because I am working very hard on a major project that will be the subject of my next post. It still has a way to go before it is finished and ready to show. I am also still cleaning up from storm damage and, occasionally, I try to round up the dust buffalos and dirty dishes. But I knew "some people" would be looking for a post, so here it is!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and "someone" says thank you!!!!!!!