Friday, November 2, 2007

It's Back!!!

I can't believe it! Years after I had given up hope of ever seeing it again. There it was... on a shelf in a bookstore in Nashville!

Victoria magazine or Bliss Victoria as they call themselves.

Some of the best eye candy legally available over the counter! This magazine was discontinued years ago for no apparent reason. I was crushed! When things got tough, or just boring, I would make a run to the bookstore for the latest issue. Apparently, former subscribers were alerted to the reissuing of the magazine. I, though a loyal fan, am not one of those people. I prefer the thrill of the hunt at the bookstore.

Inside, some of the most delicious photographs of a life I don't lead. Tea services, spa bath salts, wool skirts and lace covered blouses (heck, I don't even own a *blouse*, I wear shirts.) China patterns, luncheons, antique shoppes (gotta spell it like that) and damask upholstered furniture. Just look at this!

Photo essay on winter beauty.

Or these antique dresses from the collection of Tasha Tudor, which she is auctioning off!



Don't you think I would look demure and oh so lady-like wearing the dress on the left? While riding my tractor? Or splitting firewood?

And so, after I threw around some cow poopy, arm wrestled the tiller and planted some spring bulbs, I showered (I know, I know, you are quite welcome!) and settled in with a frou frou coffee and this issue of feminine fantasy. I even remembered to remove my white gloves and raise me pinkie finger when I sipped!

3 comments:

Shannon Martin said...

Lisa,
How about you come and taste test the s'mores in the Tudor dress? That would be smashing!

Anonymous said...

I think you should start sending me those magazines as soon as you're finished reading them... They have pretty pictures and I want to look at them, ok?

Shannon Martin said...

Lisa, I will expect to meet you on my blog precisely at anytime on the day of Sunday the 11th of November in the year of our Lord two-thousand seven. Your serviette, s'mores and attending footman will await you.