Friday, December 7, 2007

Cherry Mistmass

Photo by dearbarbie

Okay... I have done exactly no holiday decorating. Even the tree is still in it's box down in the shop. I haven't done my shopping, and crafting seems to have fallen by the wayside (and down the hill, into the creek...without a paddle!) I am having trouble getting *into the mood*, so I decided to do some baking, and drinking, instead. Here's the recipe:

Christmas Cookie Ingredients:

1 cup of water
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup of sugar
1 tsp salt
1 cup of brown sugar
lemon juice
4 large eggs
1 cup nuts
2 cups of dried fruit
1 bottle Jose Cuervo Tequila

Sample the Cuervo to check quality. Take a large bowl, check the
Cuervo again, to be sure it is of the highest quality, pour one
level cup and drink.

Turn on the electric mixer…Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy
bowl. Add one teaspoon of sugar…Beat again.

At this point it’s best to make sure the Cuervo is still OK, try
another cup .. just in case.

Turn off the mixerer thingy. Break 2 leggs and add to the bowl and
chuck in the cup of dried fruit. Pick the frigging fruit off floor…

Mix on the turner. If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers
just pry it loose with a drewscriver.

Sample the Cuervo to check for tonsist icity.

Next, sift two cups of salt, or something. Who giveshz a sheet.

Check the Jose Cuervo. Now shift the lemon juice and strain your
nuts.

Add one table. Add a spoon of sugar, or somefink.
Whatever you can find.

Greash the oven.

Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over.

Don’t forget to beat off the turner.

Finally, throw the bowl through the window, finish the Cose Juervo
and make sure to put the stove in the dishwasher.

CHERRY MISTMAS

Author also unknown, but must be related to the Carol creator!
Oh, and don't call me anytime schoon. I'm still lickin' the beaterers.

3 comments:

Celticspirit said...

I may make that recipe exactly as directed. Of course I'll make sure the fire extinguisher is handy in case I become disorientated for some reason. I wonder If I can substitute barcardi for the tequila? That is my beverage of preference.

barefoot gardener said...

Oh, my gosh! That is too good! Since that is EXACTLY the way I bake cookies, I shouldn't laugh (mom told me something about rocks and glass houses, but I was too busy to notice), but I just gotta!

Thanks for the giggles!

Walter Jeffries said...

Decorating? Tree? We're not even cloooose! :)

Over on my Sugar Mountain Farm blog on the Flop's Winter Farrowing post you asked why the sow (Flop) doesn't just jump over the low 'pen' wall.

It's not a pen for the sow but rather an open shed off of our atrium. If Flop, the sow, wants to go outside the three sided shed she just walks out the front (south side) into a garden area. So far I haven't seen the piglets follow her out but they will in a couple of days as they become more adventurous. Perhaps today.