Thursday, December 6, 2007

Back from College

I survived four days back in college! I don't know how I made it through the first time. Maybe I was smarter then than I am now!

I traipsed off cross country when Almost Grown got word that she would have to start her thesis over or risk getting an "F." And it's due Dec 10th! Not the words any student, or tuition paying parent wants to hear! I figured I had to protect my investment and ensure my future care by said child, so I hauled it off to provide "moral" support to the effort.

Along the way, I spent a night back in Las Vegas because, well, you just can't get to where I was going from the farm in one day without killing yourself. But I got to stay the night and visit a bit with Awesome Ann!

Awesome Ann at our favorite hangout... IHOP! Hi, Ann!

Off to the freezing Pacific Northwest where I became, in the words of Almost Grown, the "Master of Her Existence." Also, research assistant and editor extraordinaire, but who's counting! I determined when she slept, ate, kissed her boyfriend (very satisfying power!) Seriously, I haven't had this much power over her life since...well never! In truth, my job was to provide mommy snuggles and help little miss ADD to *ground* herself and remain on task.

Almost Grown, allowing me to take a picture, but only after I threatened to post a baby picture featuring a naked and sand covered bottom! Notice the container of chocolate covered coffee beans on the table.

Could it be that the build up of trash in her room was contributing to a cluttered mind? Let it go, Mom.


One of the highlights of my trip was to find the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile parked at my hotel!
Bad nighttime photo.

Yes! There were wieners staying at the same hotel! You know, my dream job was always to drive one of these babies! Can you believe that at (ahem) almost 50, they think I'm too old for the job! Doesn't immaturity count for something?!? I even tried to buy a retired vehicle years ago, but, alas, they are not available for resale at your local car dealership. *Sigh*

So, the trip was exhausting, but successful. Almost Grown went from about 6 pages to 26 pages of mostly useable stuff. And I got to see and snuggle her (it's been too long) and the return trip provides me with more hateful things to add to my list of air travel complaints. Except, I just don't care! It's over!

1 comment:

Celticspirit said...

Hey Lisa, It sounds like your trip to college was successful. Nice pics! Did you get to take a ride in the weinermobile???