I have been tagged by Julie at Red Hen Studios for the six random, definitely not important things about me meme. Julie sews beautiful things like aprons and bunting and sells them at her Etsy shop.
The rules for this are easy:
1. Link to the person that tagged you. (Did it)
2. Post the rules on your blog. (Right here)
3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
5. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
Okay, let's see. I already did 7 weird things about me, so I guess I need to come up with some more.
1. I'm allergic to cashews, and it gets worse each time I have any. The next time will either send me to the hospital or kill me outright. This is only important if you are going to invite me over for dinner! Hint, hint
2. One summer, during high school, I was taking Biology for summer school. I had a pet duckling, named Garth, that rode around with me by standing inside my bra. We were constantly being chased by the librarian who heard quacking. As Garth got bigger, he sorta walked on a leash. He also ate 5 feet of string that I needed for an experiment and got me in trouble. Then he grew up and flew away to chase girls.
3. Another summer, during college, I worked as a showroom model advertising a tourist show while dressed as Carmen Miranda. Full on get up, with flowing gold lame skirt, lots of leg showing, and a basket of fruit on my head. I stood close to 7 feet tall in that outfit. If I had a nickel for every photo that was taken of me that summer, I'd still be a rich woman.
4. Barack Obama was a year behind me in high school at Punahou School in Hawaii. Never knew him, but remember a skinny black kid running around when there weren't may African-Americans in the school.
5. I put my way through college partly by working in a rat lab, cleaning cages and checking heart rates on post-surgical rats. Rats have very fast heart rates, for those of you who need to know. Got bit my first day on the job by a rat whose surgery DID NOT make him mellow as planned!
6. When I got married and started thinking about having kids, I always wanted girls. I got two perfect, beautiful daughters that are my pride and joy. They crack me up everyday!
So there you go! More useless information about moi. Now we get to hear out of some others... hmmm. I think I'll tag:
Kelly at Whirlwind Lodge
Letitah at Fabriquer
Everyone else I *know* well enough to tag, I have already tagged before. So just join in the fun, if you haven't been named!